Friday, October 30, 2015

New book is available!

'Yum! Cooking Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free' is available now through the publishers!
Yum! is my sixth book to be published. I have been working on this book for 6 years. 
Basically since I found out I had MS and the food allergies that came with it. 

This book has advice and tips for cooking with and for people with allergies.
The recipes in this book include beverages, condiments, breakfast & brunch, vegetables, small bites & lunch, entrees, soups & stews, breads & muffins, and desserts!
My husbands favorite is the Swedish Meatballs; my son's favorite are the pancakes; and mine in the Seafood Alfredo!


https://www.createspace.com/5752992
Click cover image for link!
A few years after MS (multiple sclerosis) walked into my life, I discovered I had also developed food allergies to gluten, dairy and soy. I had to learn to cook so I could eat because I quickly realized how little processed, ready to eat or restaurant food is available to someone afflicted with those three allergies.

Unfortunately, many recipes I found or the allergen friendly food I bought tasted like cardboard, a kitchen sponge or just plain “healthy”. I longed for the food I loved growing up but couldn’t have anymore because it makes me very sick, like put me back in the hospital sick. So I set out on a mission: to make allergen friendly food that tastes good. Not just to my standards, but by my critics: my husband and son. I only want to cook one supper; so I learned how to cook food that was allergen free, but not flavor free. I want to share these recipes and the tricks I have learned so that it may help others afflicted with the same or similar ailments to enjoy eating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment