Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cross-Stitch & Crochet Patterns

My technical writing degree is finally paying off!
In addition to the 3 novels I have written (The Woodmere Trilogy), I can now add non-fiction to the list.
I have been designing cross-stitch and crochet patterns for years.
Now some are published!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/206558267/our-father-cross-stitch-patternThe Lord's Prayer

Having grown up with the Lord's Prayer on the wall at home, I felt my home was incomplete with out one. After searching for a cross-stitch pattern that would fit the style of my house and coming up short, I decided to create one of my own. With my graphic design background, I created this modern typographic representation of the Lord's Prayer.

Click for Cross-Stitch Pattern 

 




https://www.etsy.com/listing/210988737/heathstone-scarf-crochet-pattern The Hearthstone Scarf
Staying warm is a necessity in the winter. Add character to your wardrobe, not bulk this winter with a Hearthstone Scarf. Make in your choice of colors with soft, thick yarn this scarf will ward away winter chill in style.

The elegant Broomstick Lace stitch is the highlighted stitch for this crochet pattern.

Click for Crochet Pattern







https://www.etsy.com/listing/213973680/puppy-hat-crochet-patternThe Puppy Hat
Firefighters can ignite the imagination.
The Puppy Hat is the product of a request by a child: a Dalmatian hat with a stuffed snout to go with a fireman's coat to keep the ears warm. 

With ear flaps overlapped by a ribbed band, the ears are double protected against the winter wind. The main body of the hat is constructed using the waistcoat stitch to provide an tighter weave to keep body heat in and winter chill out.

Click for Crochet Pattern




Snowflake Mittens
While these mittens look knitted, the Snowflake Mitten is crocheted. This 12-page pattern gives detailed instructions on how to crochet these Fair Isle mittens. Included are a list of materials needed, stitch abbreviations used with brief descriptions, and the pattern. The pattern contains both a chart of the body and of the thumb, and detailed written instructions of each row for both the left and right hand plus thumb.
Click for Crochet Pattern

I highly enjoyed producing home-made goods.
Being able to share the patterns with others is rewarding in a whole new way for me. Now others can have the same joy of making the designs that are used in my everyday life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment