Friday, January 9, 2015

Free Pattern: Infinity Scarf

My New's Years Resolution this year was to try something new.
I had never tried to make an Infinity Scarf.
I browsed the options on Google and on Ravelry, but I found nothing I wanted to crochet.

An event horizon is defined as being an invisible boundary around a black hole past which nothing can escape the gravitational pull - not even light. However, one thing did escape.
Inspiration!

Event Horizon Infinity Scarf worn by Sarah Richards | Photography taken by Chris Richards



By using the Star Stitch, I have created and crocheted my first infinity scarf and I love it!
  
It goes fantastic with the Snowflake Mittens I crocheted.
In addition, after researching different ways to wear an infinity scarf, I found I can wrap it up like a hood and not squish the Flower Barrette I had garnishing my messy bun!
I had no idea this popular accessory was so versatile.

The fabric created with the Lion Brand’s Heartland in Black Canyon made a garment that is now a staple for my wardrobe.

Here is the pattern:
Event Horizon
Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern
(Click for PDF)

Hook Size K 
ch 175, join with a slst to form a loop.
Be careful not to twist!
This Infinity scarf is worked in the round. The rows will be joined and the work will be turned.


Row 1 Skip 1 ch and draw up a loop in each of next 5 ch, YO and draw through the 6 loops on hook, ch 1. * Draw a loop through the eye formed by the ch just made, draw a loop through back of last loop of star just made, draw a loop through same ch where last loop of previous star was made, draw a loop through each of next 2 ch, YO and draw through the 6 loops on hook, ch 1. Repeat from * to end of row, 1 hdc in last ch. Slst to join. Turn.

Row 2 Ch 1, 1 sc in hdc, 1 sc in eye of next star, 2 sc in eye of each star across, end with 1
sc in top of turning ch. Slstto join. Turn.

Row 3 Ch 2, draw a loop through front strand of 2nd ch from hook, draw a loop through back strand of same ch, draw a loop through each of the next 3 sc, YO and draw through the 6 loops on hook, ch 1. * Draw a loop through the eye formed by the ch just made, draw
a loop through back of last loop of star just made, draw a loop through same sc where the last loop of previous star was made, draw a loop through each of next 2 sc, YO and draw through the 6 loops on hook, ch 1. Repeat from * to end of row, 1 hdc in last ch. Slst to join. Turn.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 for desired number of rows.
(22 rows were completed in the photograph.)

Finish off and secure ends by weaving them into the scarf body.

I hope you enjoy stitching this scarf as much I did.
Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!

I enjoyed stitching this pattern so much I made another!
This one with made from 1 skein or Lion Brand's Landscapes in Apple Orchard.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment