"Mom, this is better than Ice Cream!" my son exclaimed.
"Why have we not thought to make this before?!" my husband asked.
Popcorn Puppy Chow is one of those simple things.
This free recipe is gluten, dairy and soy free.
I cannot eat gluten, dairy or soy.
This includes any foods that were processed on or in a facility which processes those ingredients.
I have food allergies.
One of the hardest things is to miss out on the delicious snacks all around.
The easy to make or already made convenience food disguised as homemade.
Don't get me wrong, I love to cook, but to cook everything from scratch makes one long for the already made tasty snacks.
Not anymore with this recipe!
I foresee making this often in my house.
Popcorn Puppy Chow
- 6-7 C. Popped Popcorn
- 2/3 C. Powder Sugar
- 1/2 C. Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life brand makes some allergen friendly chocolate chips.)
- 2 T Coconut Butter (Optional)
- Divide the ingredients in half before assembling the Popcorn Puppy Chow. This allows for better coating as you will be shaking the powdered sugar on in a gallon bag.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut butter in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. The coconut butter tempers the chocolate chips, makes it a smoother pour and helps to stretch the chocolate chips a little further to allow for more coverage on the popcorn.
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn and stir until coated.
- Then transfer the chocolate-covered popcorn in a gallon-sized bag zip top plastic bag.
- Pour powdered sugar on top of the popcorn.
- Seal and shake.
Repeat with the other half of ingredients if necessary.
Enjoy this free recipe and if you want more recipes check out my cookbook Yum! Cooking Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free.
Available on Amazon!